Huawei is a Chinese smartphone maker and Honor is it’s subsidiary company which is doing great with its modern featured smartphone with decent price. As we all knows all the smartphone maker trying to beat each other by giving fast android updates to their users. Last year Google launched the Android 8.1 Oreo update and the update is rolling out to all good brand smartphones like Pixel, Nexus, Samsung, LG, OnePlus, Motorola, Xiaomi and many others,
Now Honor has started rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo update for its two smartphones. The company is planning to roll out the Android 8.0 Oreo update on Honor 8 Pro and Honor 9. Both devices will start to get the Android Oreo update soon.
Honor 9 and Honor 8 Pro will start to receive the latest EMUI 8.0 software update via an OTA update.
How to update EMUI 8.1 to Honor 8 Pro and Honor 9 via OTA
As we all knows most of the update are available via OTA, so in this update you will have to follow regular process to update the software through over-the-air. Honor 8 Pro and Honor 9 users will get notification as the update will be available for their devices. You can also check the update manually by going to the Settings > About Phone > Check for update.
As the update will be available you can download it on your devices. But there should be enough space to download the update and make sure you take the backup of all your data and files.
Honor 8 Pro and Honor 9: EMUI 8.1 based Android Oreo update features
If we talk about the Android Oreo update roll out status for Honor 9 and Honor 8 pro, the report are stating, The Honor already reeving the update in India, While the android 9 is yet to launch in Indian market so it will get The android Oreo update globally.
Now comes to the specs and features about this new android update, the update will be rolled out to the both phones via EMUI 8.0 update. So in new update you can experienced a lot of changes in users interface, battery performance, and many other section. You will enjoy Intelligent Context Awareness, Intelligent Resource Allocation, User Behavior, and more in new update. In this new version you will get low memory management feature which is an upgrade over EMUI 5.1 version.
Other features of EMUI 8.1 update includes private space optimization, single-hand operation navigation dock, access to recently deleted documents, enhanced wallpaper, and more.
Honor 8 Pro : Specifications and features
- Honor 8 Pro comes with a 5.7-inch QHD LCD screen with a resolution of 1440×2560 pixels.
- It is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 960 processor paired with 6GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB/128GB internal storage depending on the variant, microSD slot to expand the storage further.
- It sports 12MP + 12MP, 1.25-micron pixels dual camera setup on the rear
- 8MP selfie snapper on the front
- For connectivity, it supports 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, MicroUSB, and more.
- 4000mAh battery
Honor 9: Specifications and features
- Honor 9 features a 5.15-inch full-HD LTPS display with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels and 428ppi pixel density.
- The device comes powered by Kirin 960 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM
- 64GB of internal storage, which can be further expanded up to 256GB via microSD card.
- It supports connectivity options such as USB Type-C port, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, and GPS/ A-GPS.
- It sports a 20MP rear camera and an 8MP front camera for selfies
- There is A 3200mAh battery backs
Also read :
Android 8.1 Oreo update for Moto G5s Plus
How to update Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to Android 8.1 Oreo
List of Samsung smartphone getting android 9.0 update in 2018
List of smartphones getting Android 9.0 update first in 2018
If you enjoyed this article, Get email updates (It’s Free)