Coolpad India has already put in some serious pressure on the other competitor brands with just two releases in the past couple of months. It is the same Note 3 series that has seen two phones, the Coolpad Note 3 and the Coolpad Note 3 Lite. While the Note 3 was certainly the best budget phone of 2015 for us, the Lite isn’t really lite, as mentioned in our review.
Let’s compare to check how one outperforms the other in certain aspects that are important to the end buyers. To start with the pricing, the Coolpad Note 3 comes at Rs. 8999, while the Note 3 Lite has a price tag of Rs. 6999.
How are the Coolpad Note 3 and Note 3 Lite similar?
- Both the phones have a similar camera combination – 13-megapixel rear, 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- Both the phones run the same Android version with the Cool UI, having almost the same pre-installed apps as well
- It is 3GB RAM and 16GB internal storage given on both the devices
- There is support for MicroSD card and also USB OTG connectivity in both these phones
- The same excellent fingerprint scanner on both the phones for unlocking screen and locking apps
- Both the devices are Dual SIM ones and there is support for 4G LTE in them
- Even though not the same with size, the screen resolution of the phones is the same
What’s the difference between Coolpad Note 3 and Note 3 Lite?
So, we’ve seen how similar are these phones in several features, so you wouldn’t see a lot of differences but the ones they are different in, these could be the deciding ones.
- Screen size: It is a 5.5-inch display size on the Coolpad Note 3 while the Lite variant is just a bit smaller with a 5-inch display
- Processor: Not a small one, since the Note 3 has an octa-core MediaTek MT6753 processor while the Note 3 Lite has a quad-core MediaTek MT6735 processor powering it
- Battery: While the larger device comes with a 3000 mAh battery, the Coolpad Note 3 Lite has a 2500 mAh battery.
Though the differences are not much as you can see here, these three aspects are the most important ones for anyone looking to purchase a phone. Though from our personal experience, the Note 3 Lite doesn’t have a poor battery life even though a lesser capacity battery.
Coolpad Note 3 vs Note 3 Lite Specs Comparison
Check out the Coolpad Note 3 vs Note 3 Lite specs comparison to learn more about how they differ only on the specs table.
Coolpad Note 3 vs Note 3 Lite Price Comparison
The pricing of the Coolpad Note 3 Lite is Rs. 8999, while the Note 3 Lite is Rs. 6999, and they are surely the best ones in the price they are available for, but that price difference could be a decider for some if they have a tight budget while purchasing a smartphone.
Final Verdict – Which phone is better?
It isn’t about which phone beats the other but which one might want based on the size, because the performance of both the phones was quite similar, and there is not a huge difference in the battery life as well. If you are looking at a smaller phone in your hand, you know the Coolpad Note 3 Lite is the best bet, but if you don’t feel like size is a factor to check, Coolpad Note 3 is the winner for you.