You’ve seen them all over the web, from Twitter to ESPN, GIPHYs are highly popular due to their ability to animate still photos as a collection. The concept is easy to understand, but as with anything technology related, the barrier for learning how to do something new can be getting in your way of creating your own animation files.
Luckily Google photos for your web browser and Android tablet make it super easy to do. All you have to do is follow these basic steps.
Make sure you have a set of photos available that you want to animate in your collection
- Open the Google Photos app.
- At the top right, tap Create (plus + symbol)
- Choose Animation
- Then simply select the group of photos you want animated and select CREATE at the top right (can select from 2 to 50 photos)
- Go to photos.google.com and make sure you are signed in with your Gmail account
- Select the Plus (+) near the top search bar
- Select Animation
- Click the check boxes at the top left of each image you want to add to the animation and when complete, click the CREATE button at the top right
Your new animated files (.gif) will show up with the thee stars at the top right of the image.
If you don’t have any images to use for practice, you can download a set of images from my Google Photos Collection and then animate to your heart’s desire using your own Google Photos app. It’s much easier than you think and provides great results.
If you’re curious about the sweet Book lamp in the images, I purchased it at Amazon for just $36. It is one of my favorite accessories as a reading light that looks great and is full battery powered.