Freedom 251 : Cheapest Smartphone in India
Less familiar Noida-based Company Ringing Bells Pvt. Ltd. has launched what it is calling India’s most affordable smartphone today. Considered a luxury not too long ago, smartphones have reached a point that they can now be considered a commodity. But from today, things will reach to a new level. In order to connect every Indian, local smartphone manufacturer Ringing Bells ‘with immense support’ from the Government Of India has launched an affordable smartphone called the Freedom 251 today. The Freedom 251, proclaimed as India’s cheapest smartphone and the most affordable smartphone in the world as well – will sport a price tag of Rs 251.
The Indian smartphone manufacturer said that it will reveal the exact retail price of the handset and other details like its specifications at the launching time. The manufacturer added the launch event will see the presence of a number of top Indian government officials including Shri Manohar Parrikkar, Union Minister of Defence and Shri Murali Manohar Joshi, Hon’ble Member of Parliament. Ringing Bells stated that the Smartphone is in line with PM Shri Narendra Modi’s vision to connect every Indian and enrich their lives. The company also asserts that its smartphone is built to meet the goals of Make In India, the government’s project to entice multinational as well as domestic players to manufacturer their products in India.
The key features of the handset are:
• The smartphone comes with 4 inch (10.2 cms) qHD IPS display.
• The smartphone sports a 3.2MP rear primary camera and a 3MP front facing camera for selfies and video chatting. Freedom 251 also comes with an inbuilt touch less technology.
• Freedom 251 comes with 1.3 GHz Quad core Processor.
• The smartphone operates on Android Lollipop 5.1 and comes with 1450 mAh powerful battery back-up.
• It has sufficient 1GB RAM and 8GB internal memory that can be expandable up-to 32GB through Micro-SD card slot.