The new Gionee S8 is a 5.5-inch Full HD display smartphone sporting pressure sensitive 3D touch that, like iOS’s 3D-touch, can sense 3 levels of pressure – touch, tap, and press and responds with select, preview, open the app, respectively. It is powered by Mediatek’s Octa-Core Helio P10 processor and 4GB RAM.
It is loaded with the Android 6.0 Marshmallow along with its own Amigo 3.2 user interface with new features like dual WhatsApp support for each SIM (in collaboration with WhatsApp) to keep your personal and work chats separate. It comes with a 16MP rear camera with LED flash, Laser auto-focus and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF). The front camera is of 8MP.
It is made of unibody metal and there is no visible antennas as they are in full loop around the edges. According to Gionee this is their patented design. The fingerprint scanner is below the round-edge-rectangle home-button just like in Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
Gionee Elife S8 key specs:
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display with 3D touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor, 4GB RAM
- Fingerprint scanner at home button, Slim metallic unibody design, screen-to-body ratio of 74.9%
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow IOS, Gionee Amigo 3.2 UI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro SIM + nano SIM or microSD card), 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi ac
- 16MP PDAF rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP front camera
- 64GB in-built storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging
Gionee S8 Price in India : Around Rs.35,000. Coming in March-April 2016.