It has been raining flagship devices at the MWC 2016 in Barcelona and Gionee is the latest to join with the Gionee S8 coming with some amazing specifications and great design with a full metal body. With devices like LG G5, Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, HP Elite X3, Acer Liquid Jade 2 etc. The Gionee S8 sports a 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display having a pressure sensitive 3D touch which is capable of sensing 3 levels of force including touch, tap and press. It comes with a screen-to-body ratio of 74.9%.
The device is powered by an 1.95GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 MT6755 processor with Mali T860MP2 GPU coupled with 4GB RAM along with 64GB internal memory having expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD card. The device comes with all metal body with great design and what can be seen is the new Gionee logo and the “G” icon in the middle of the back panel.
Specifications of Gionee S8:
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display with 3D touch and 2.5D arc glass along with Corning Gorilla glass 4 protection
- Processor: 1.95 GHz Octa-Core MediTek Helio P10 MT6755 processor with Mali T860MP2 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB of RAM and 64GB internal memory which can be further expanded up to 128GB using microSD card
- Camera: 16MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 6P lens, Laser AF and LED flash along with an 8MP front facing camera
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.2
- Connectivity: 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- Battery: 3000mAh with fast charging
The device comes with a 16MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 6P lens, Laser AF and LED flash along with an 8MP front facing camera, it comes with an 8MP front facing. The device sports a Fingerprint sensor on the Home button located below the display. The Gionee S8 comes with connectivity features like 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS. It is powered by a 3000mAh battery with fast charging feature.
The Gionee S8 is available in Rose Gold, Gold and Grey colors. The S8 is priced at 499 Euros or US$494 which is approximately Rs. 33885. The availability of the device is expected to be around March 2016.