A Hard Reset will return your TLC TV to its original (factory) mode. Factory reset will remove all stored personal data relating to your settings, network connections, Roku data, and menu preferences, pin lock, parent control code.
Once completed, you must repeat the guided setup, reconnecting to the Internet, re-linking your Roku account, and reloading streaming channels.
If applicable, you must also repeat the antenna TV setup (channel scan) and input configuration.
If some of the streaming channels on your TCL Roku TV unexpectedly disappeared, please perform a software update.
Before you will start reset function firstly try to System Update. Maybe it will solve your problems.
To do a System Update:
- Go to Settings> System> System Update
- Select ‘Check now’ for a software update on your TCL TV
There are 2 ways to do hard reset your TLC TV:
1 way by using the remote control:
- Press Home on your remote to open the main screen.
- Scroll down and select Settings
- Press the right arrow button, scroll, and select System
- Press the right arrow button, scroll and select Advanced system settings
- Press the right arrow button, scroll and select Factory reset
- Press the right arrow button, scroll and select Factory reset everything
- To proceed with the full factory reset, enter the code listed on the screen (you will see this code when do all these steps) and select OK. A different code is generated every time you reset the TV.
I hope you will resolve your problems with 1st way else try to another one. This method will possible that your TV might get into a state where you cannot access the various menus, including the menu option that lets you perform a factory reset operation. Sometimes it happens and TLC engineer creates 2nd way to do hard reset your TV:
2nd way to do a factory reset
- Using a straightened paper clip or ball-point pen, press and hold the recessed RESET button on the TV connector panel.
- Continue to hold the RESET button for approximately 12 seconds. When the reset cycle completes, the status indicator comes on dim.
- Release the RESET button. The TV is now powered off.
- Turn on the TV and proceed through Guided Setup.