HTC HD2 Leo Soft reset
Resetting Your HTC HD2 Phone
Performing a HTC HD2 Leo soft reset
Perform a soft (normal) reset to clear all active program memory and shut down all active programs. This is useful when your phone is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work is lost.
1. With your thumb or finger, open the back cover by lifting up from the left side of the cover.
2. The RESET button is located at the bottom left below the battery compartment and SIM card slot. Use a small object with an unsharp, pointed tip such as a toothpick to press the RESET button.
Your phone restarts and displays the Home screen.
3. To replace the back cover, secure the right side of the back cover first and then press down the cover into place.Performing a HTC HD2 Leo factory reset
Warning! Always turn off your device before installing/replacing the battery and SIM card.
HTC HD2 hard reset
If a normal reset does not solve a system problem, you can perform a factory reset. After a factory reset, the phone is restored to its default settings—the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. You will lose any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on your phone, and only Windows Mobile software and other pre-installed programs will remain.
There are two ways to do a factory reset. One way is perform a clear storage process through the phone settings. The other way is to perform a hard reset by pressing certain buttons on your phone, in cases when you are unable to start up your phone and enter the phone settings.
Warning! Your phone will be set back to factory default settings. Make sure that any additional installed programs and important data on your phone have been backed up before you perform a factory reset.
Important If Encrypt files when placed on a storage card is enabled, back up all files from the storage card before performing a factory reset (Clear Storage or hard reset) or updating the operating system. Otherwise, you will no longer be able to access the encrypted files on the storage card. Use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center to transfer files between your storage card and computer. After the procedure, copy your files back to the storage card.
To perform a HTC HD2 Leo hard reset with buttons
1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, then press the END/POWER button shortly and release it. You will then see this message on the screen.
2. Release the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
3. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
To perform a clear storage
1. On the Home screen, slide to the Settings tab and then tap Security > Factory reset.
2. Enter “1234 ” and then tap Yes.
Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well. All information is for devices with stock based ROMs. If you are using rooted device, always back up your EFS folder first, containing your IMEI info, etc.!