HTC Touch Diamond 2 Soft reset
Performing a soft reset
Perform a soft (normal) reset to clear all active program memory and shut down all active programs. This is useful when your device is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work is lost.
To perform a soft reset
1. Pull out the stylus, then remove the back cover.
2. Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button (red) located at the opening of the stylus bay. Your device restarts and displays the Home screen.
Warning! Always turn off your device before installing/replacing the battery and SIM card.
HTC Touch Diamond 2 hard reset
Performing a hard reset
If a normal reset does not solve a system problem, you can perform a hard (full) reset. After a hard reset, the device is restored to its default settings—the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. You will lose any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on your device, and only Windows Mobile® software and other pre-installed programs will remain.
Warning! Your device will be set back to factory default settings. Make sure that any additional installed programs and/or user data have been backed up before you perform a hard reset.
Important If Encrypt files when placed on a storage card is enabled, backup all files from the storage card before using Clear Storage, hard reset, or updating the operating system. Otherwise you will no longer be able to access the encrypted files on the storage card. Use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center to transfer files between your storage card and computer. After the procedure, copy your files back to the storage card.
To perform a Diamond 2 hard reset
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, then briefly press the POWER button.
2. Continue pressing the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons until you see this message on the screen:
3. Release the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
4. Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
Using HTC Diamond 2 Clear Storage
If you can access the device settings, you can use Clear Storage to reset your device back to factory default settings.
1. Tap Start > Settings, and then tap All Settings.
2. On the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
3. Enter “1234” and then tap Yes.
Before you buy a new cell phone or new tablet, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery, backup your important data if possible and in most cases take out SIM and SD card before factory reset. It is impossible to recover your data after doing a hard reset, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on an external device, hard drive, raid system or media. With or without insurance, if your cell phone lost, damaged or stolen at least your invaluable data is backed up in a safe place. If you are about to sell your phone and you want to wipe your personal data, or if your phone affected with virus you have to do a hard reset. In some cases, you can delete the forgotten password or lock pattern from your device as well. All information is for devices with stock based ROMs. If you are using rooted device, always back up your EFS folder first, containing your IMEI info, etc.!