Asus ZenFone 2 is available in the market since 2015. It has a 5.5- inch Full HD touchscreen display, 4 GB RAM, Intel Atom Moorefield SoCs. All of its features are very powerful but you can add more fun by rooting this smartphone. If you want to root Asus ZenFone 2 then continue reading and follow the given below tutorial.
Do you own an Asus ZenFone 2 smartphone but still yet not rooted it? It means you don’t know the benefits of a rooted device else you had definitely completed this process. After rooting your device, you can access the system files and do a lot of things that you cannot before.
Rooting not only enhances the performance of the device but also enables users to customise their devices. Before you start the tutorial, let me tell you the benefits of rooting your Zenfone 2 smartphone.
- Enhance battery life and phone speed.
- Remove unnecessary pre-installed system applications.
- Remove unwanted Bloatware applications that keep running in the background.
- Tweak your smartphone and increase the speeds of video streaming, WiFi, SD read or write, etc.
- Install Custom ROMs and Custom Kernels
- Customise the device and make it look in the desired way.
After reading these benefits, you will be desiring to root Asus ZenFone 2 right now. So let’s move ahead without wasting any time.
The warranty of your Asus ZenFone will not remain valid after following this rooting tutorial. So, think well before you take the start. Keep it in mind that you will be responsible if something wrong happens during this process. Follow these instructions at your own risk.
Get Everything Ready:
- You will need a computer to root Asus ZenFone 2.
- Download and install USB drivers of your smartphone on the computer.
- Enable “USB Debugging” option. Open Settings and move to About Phone option and click on it. Look for the Build Number and click on it seven times. Developer Option will appear in the Settings list. Open it and enable USB Debugging option here.
After meeting above requirements, you are ready to root your Asus ZenFone 2. It is the time to start rooting tutorial. Let’s start it.
Root Asus ZenFone 2 Steps
- Install Asus Android USB Driver and ADB USB Driver into the computer.
- Download ClockWorkMod Recovery and SuperSU files in your computer.
- Connect your smartphone with the computer.
- Transfer SuperSU file in the memory card or internal storage of your smartphone.
- Unzip downloaded ClockWorkMod Recovery and search for cai_dat_CWM.bat file. Right click on it and select Run As Administrator.
- Type T4 on CMD and press Enter. Now your smartphone will reboot in Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, select “Install Zip From SD Card” option.
- Now find “SuperSU Pro.Zip” file and flash it.
- That’s all done. Wait for few minutes because rooting is a time-consuming process. Do not worry if your smartphone restarts many times during the process.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Asus ZenFone 2. You can confirm it by using any Root Checker App. Now your smartphone is ready to flash various Mods, Kernels, Custom ROMs and many other Android Apps. You are an Admin and Super User of your smartphone.