If you want to root VIVO V5 Plus, then you have come to the right place. Today, we will not only root this phone but you will also learn the benefits of rooting.
So, are you ready? Let’s roll.
The first question that a lot of you are going to ask before you go ahead and root their phone is the reason to root. You might want to know what’s the advantage of rooting a phone. So, to help you find you a reason to follow this tutorial, here are some points that might help you make the right decision.
- Rooted phones give you more options to customize the phone according to your likings.
- When you root a phone, you are able to optimize its speed and performance by using different apps.
- You can easily improve battery time for your phone after rooting the phone.
- If you have root access to your phone, you can delete any app, including the default system apps.
Here are a few things against rooting. If any of these bother you, stop here and don’t root your phone.
- It will void your warranty.
- If you make a mistake, you could end up with a dead phone.
- You can’t get OTA updates on rooted devices.
If you have made your decision to root Vivo V5 Plus, let’s do it without using a PC. The advantages of going without a computer are the following.
- You can’t always have access to a personal computer where you can download files and install programs.
- Grab your phone connected to the internet for this procedure.
- No need to install drivers or update a computer only to root a phone.
So, I’m sure there are good reasons for everyone to follow this tutorial. Let’s get the ball rolling with the following simple steps.
Step 1: Meet the pre-requisites
The first step, as always, is to meet the requirements of a procedure. For this rooting method, you need the following things in place before you can begin.
- Be sure to charge your phone to 100% battery. You don’t want it to die during the rooting process as that can lead to some serious problems.
- Make sure you have read pros and cons of rooting before you proceed. If you missed them, scroll up and read everything before this step carefully.
- Don’t forget to enable Unknown Sources on your phone.
Step 2: Download Kingoroot and root Vivo V5 Plus
Now it’s time to root your phone. Remember, you don’t have to use a PC for this procedure.
Let’s begin by downloading the Kingoroot. You can grab this tool by visiting the link below.
After you have downloaded this file on your PC, move it to your phone by using a USB cable. If you don’t have access to a PC, you can also download this file directly on your phone by opening the link in the mobile browser.
Simply run it on your phone to install the apk. It will take less than a minute.
NOTE: You can only install KINGOROOT on your mobile if you have enabled installation from Unknown Sources. To do this, go to Settings>Security and turn on this setting.
Step 3: Root the phone
If you have followed the tutorial to this point, you should be ready to root Vivo V5 Plus. Follow the easy instructions below.
- Run KINGOROOT from your phone. You should see the app icon in the app drawer after you install it.
- Look for a big button with text “Root” on it. This is the only button you need to tap in order to root your phone.
Wait for the process to complete. Usually, it takes under a minute but it can easily take more time depending on your internet speed. If you have slow internet, the process can take long as it requires downloading root files from the internet for your phone model.
Make sure you have fast internet connection on your phone in order to complete the rooting process quickly.
As soon as the process is complete, you will see a prompt declaring that you have successfully rooted your phone. That’s it. You don’t need to follow any more steps to root Vivo V5 Plus.
To verify root, install some root-verify app from Google Play Store. The app will indicate that you have root access to your phone.