How to Setup and use Gesture Features in OPPO F1
OPPO has a very good ColorOS 2.1.0 interface layered over Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS in the OPPO F1, and while you might notice it as a regular interface like some other Chinese smartphone interfaces, the gesture and motion control section is flooded with several options.
You can find the Gesture & Motion features directly under the Settings, and here’s what all you will find and be able to take advantage of to increase the user experience and ease of use.
Screen-off gestures in OPPO F1
For some quick operations while the screen is turned off. Following are the screen-off gestures available in the OPPO F1.
- Double tap to wake up: Tap twice on the turned-off screen to activate it.
- Draw O to start camera: When the screen is turned off, drawing “O” on it will activate the camera.
- Music control: Using gestures to control music when screen is off.
- Turn on Flashlight by drawing V: By simply drawing “V” on a turned-off screen, you can turn on the flashlight.
There are a few other screen-off gestures that you can set up for certain shortcuts or functions, corresponding to certain alphabets drawn on the turned off screen.
Screen-on gestures in OPPO F1
These are some custom gestures that you can use while the screen is active. Following are the ones available on the OPPO F1.
- Activate camera with Multi-finger: Pinching close with multiple fingers will activate the camera.
Double tap to lock: While using the phone, tapping twice on the home key will lock the phone.
- Gesture screenshot: This is quite an interesting and easy feature to take a screenshot, where you just have to swipe down on the screen using three fingers.
- Adjust volume with two fingers: Slide up/down with two fingers to adjust the volume in any interface.
- Single-handed operation: Swipe from bottom left or right corner towards the center of the screen to launch or exit the smaller navigation screen.
Smart Call gestures in OPPO F1
For some quick operations while a call is going on, you can use some gestures.
- Easy dial: On Contacts or Messaging detail screen, number on the screen is automatically dialed when the phone is held near your ear
- Auto-answer by motions: Automatically answer the call when you are receiving one and you hold the phone near your ear
- Switch the speaker by motions: Automatically switch from speaker to receiver when you hold the phone near to the ear
- Flip to mute: Flip the phone to mute the ringtone of incoming call