To obtain the update for your phone or your tablet you is a good thing too, already update of the device for your guarantee that it will work in the coming period the most efficient and the best performance and this will bring you the benefit certainly when the phone works well.
That is why we from time to time we are trying to provide the necessary explanation of how to update a specific phone or tablet for a particular desire to help users in all countries of the world and very much happy for this.
Today i’m gonna show you how to solve SD update problem for ASUS K012,
I was suffering from that problem for a while and tried almost EVERYTHING,
The problem is that SD Update always FAIL,
First of all you have to identify what FW ver you have,
1. Start the TAB in Droidboot by pressing and HOLDING Volume UP and Power button until the menu appears
2. Now you can see what FW Installed on your TA
3. Now go to ASUS Support Site and Download the same FW as your TAB,
4. After Downloading FW, Extract it and Copy .zip File to SD Card and rename it to k012_sdupdate.zip,
5. Now put back SD Card into TAB and Reboot into DroidBoot Mode,
6. Now Here is the Trick, You have to Plug the Charger in the TAB while Updating from SD So, Plug the Charger now then choose SD Update,
7. Wait until Update process finish then reboot your TAB,
In case that guide didn’t help you solve your problem try this one, 1. Extract this files from the FW zip file and copy them to fastboot folder, 1.fastboot.img boot.img splashscreen.img 2. Start your TAB in DroidBoot mode and via Fastboot excute this commands one by one, fastboot erase cache fastboot erase system fastboot erase userdata fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash splashscreen splashscreen.img 3. Now Copy the same .zip File that you’ve extracted 3 .img files from to SD Card and rename it to k012_sdupdate.zip and Copy it again to the same SD Card but this time rename it to ASUS_BUNDLE.zip, 4. Put back SD Card into TAB and Reboot into DroidBoot then Plug Charger and Select SD Update, >>DONE<<
NOTE: SOLUTION TESTED BY ME MANY TIMES AND I’VE FIXED MORE THAN 10-TABS.
Update manual – Device_Firmware_Update_SOP_V1_1