Xiaomi takes little more time to update the latest Android version to Xiaomi smartphones. Still some of the Xiaomi smartphone are running on Android marshmallow and Nougat updates. Company is going to launch the Redmi Note 5 buts till Redmi Note 4 didn’t get the android Oreo update, the smartphone get the MIUI 9 update few days ago but still company didn’t announce the Android Oreo update for Redmi Note4.
How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on redmi Note 4
However the Redmi Note 4 get the Android Oreo update officially but there is a way to get the Android 8.1 Oreo by Redmi Note 4 users. You can download Android 8.1 Oreo update to Redmi Note 4 by OmniROM which is a custome ROM, You just have to installed OmniROM to your smartphone.
OmniROM is an open-source operating system for smartphones, based on the Android mobile platform. It involves a number of prominent developers from other projects. OmniROM is a good way to get the best stock Android interface with all the latest features and a clean user interface.
As you know The smartphone get the MIUI 9.0 update but still there are some features that you can get only in Android 8.1 oreo update like faster boot times, battery saving features, new emoji and more.
Things you need to consider before installing Android 8.1 oreo update
- OmniROM is open-source operating system, it’s not officla update, so you cann loose your phone warranty after installing it
- Make sure custom Recovery is installed on your smartphone.
- Take the backup of all your data from the smartphone before beginning the installation.
- Charge your smartphone to at least 80% battery before getting started.
How to update Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to Android 8.1 Oreo
- Download the OmniROM zip file.
- Now transfer the zip file to your smartphone via data cable.
- switched off smartphone and reboot it into the TWRP recovery mode.
- After getting recovery mode, tap on Wipe and swipe to wipe the system memory.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and select the OmniROM zip file.
- Once installed, tap on Reboot System button to reboot the smartphone to the OS mode.
So this is the finest way to install the Android 8.1 Oreo update to Redmi Note 4. In first time your phone can take time in rebooting and getting the latest user interface. As your smartphone will be rebooted successfully you can use the latest Android 8.1 update to your phone and get the awesome experience of the update. for more updates about gadgets and technology stay tuned with Mobileyantra.
Also read :
List of Samsung smartphone getting android 9.0 update in 2018
List of smartphones getting Android 9.0 update first in 2018
Redmi Note 5 vs Redmi Note 4 which is best
If you enjoyed this article, Get email updates (It’s Free)