The Huawei Mate 8 is Huawei’s flagship for 2016, even though, it was announced for China late in 2015 and globally at the CES 2016 in January. It is selling in the Dubai (UAE) for a price starting at AED 1,899 (3GB RAM + 32GB storage) and AED 2,199 (4GB RAM + 64GB storage).
The Huawei Mate 8 arrives in a Black Box which contains the 6-inch phablet, a metal key for opening the SIM tray, transparent case, USB cable, charger, headphones and manuals. It measures about 7.9mm thick and despite weighing 185 grams in size, it feels very light on the hand.
The Mate 8 uses the USB Type-C port and is equipped with a 4000mAh battery which attains up to 2 days (or more) of light usage and less than 2 days of heavy usage. The phablet is second on the list of AnTuTu’s top 10 smartphones announced in 2015 with a total benchmark score of 92746.
Check out the Huawei Mate 8 Unboxing Video and Some Photos Below:
Huawei Mate 8 Technical Specifications
• Dimensions: 157.1 x 80.6 x 7.9 mm
• Weight: 185 g
• OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Emotion UI 4.0
• SIM: Dual SIM
• Battery Capacity: 4000mAh Li-Polymer
• Display: 6-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS LCD; 367 ppi
• Front Camera: 8 Megapixels
• Rear Camera: 16 megapixels
• Memory: 3GB or 4GB RAM
• Storage: 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB internal + microSD card
• Processor: 2.3GHz Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 950
• Connectivity: 4G LTE/3G HSPA, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, VoLTE
• Others: Fingerprint Sensor