India’s smartphone market is evolving very fast and now gone are the days when the new features and the good hardware was available only in the costly flagship smartphones. Two new smartphones launched few days back – Honor 5x and Letv Le 1s (also called LeEco Le 1s)- are most affordable price, metallic built smartphones sporting a fingerprint scanner.
I have compared these two smartphones in this video and below that are the key points which I found while comparing them.
Letv Le 1S Vs Honor 5x Video :
Letv Le 1S Vs Honor 5x – Differences :
Check the detailed specifications comparison here.
- Honor 5x has brushed metallic finish rear panel, Letv Le 1s has somewhat sandblasted aluminium back panel
- Honor 5x has two screws at the bottom side, Le 1s has unibody design
- Honor 5x has a standard microUSB port, Le 1s has the latest USB Type-c port
- Le 1s has a Infrared (IR) sensor at the top side, Honor 5x does not have IR sensor
- Le 1s is 0.65mm thinner than the Honor 5x
- Both have chamfered edges on the sides but Le 1s has double chamfered edges on the sides. Also since the Le 1s has unibody design, the metal covers whole sides, taking it little above the front screen, this also gives its screen’s bezel-less look. Honor 5x has small plastic part above the sides.
- One major difference in their front design is the placement of the Android touch buttons. The Honor 5x has weird placement of the touch buttons on the screen. This not only gives smaller screen feeling but also wastes the front bottom bezel space. These on-screen touch buttons hide when you will view video or play games in the landscape mode. But in general vertical mode those ytouch buttons shrinks the screen size. Le 1s has the touch buttons placed on the bezel, are visible only when used, and are backlit.
Performance: I found almost similar performance in these two phones while doing general tasks like plying basic games, youtube, etc. although Letv Le 1s has better processor and more RAM than the Honor 5x. Better processor, more RAM , and optimized UI gives better the long term performance.
SIM/Storage card slots
Letv Le 1s has one slot with dual SIM (nano/micro) card tray. It does not have microSD card slot so no storage expansion option. The Honor 5x has two slots, one for a micro SIM and other for a microSD card slot and nano SIM. It supports up to 128GB microSD card.
Camera: Both have almost similar cameras. Letv Le 1s has fast focus via PDAF in main camera. The location of camera and camera bump are better in the Letv Le 1s. In Honor 5x the camera is located above the fingerprint scanner and can cause confusion sometimes while trying to use the fingerprint scanner. Also Honor 5x camera has a large bump which can cause 2 minor issues – get lens scratched by continuously rubbing on hard surface when phone is placed on it and the phone is not stable when kept screen upward.
Fingerprint scanner – Both have fast fingerprint scanners. The location of fingerprint scanner is better in Letv Le 1s as you do not have to bend your index finger to use the fingerprint scanner and also there is no confusion with the camera as the camera is place on the top-left side of the rear panel.
User Interface – Both of these phone’s comes with their custom user interfaces – EMUI 3.1 in Honor 5x and EUI 5.5 in Letv Le 1s. Both of these UI’s are ok to use and it might take some time to get use to them. They both seem to have taken cue from the iPhone’s iOS. Honor 5x comes with Android 5.1 Lollipop and Letv Le 1s comes with Android 5.0.
Display & Sound: I found Honor 5x better at media playing. It has brighter display and louder sound not only via the speaker but also in the headphone. I do not know how its display is better as it has 454 nits brightness whereas the Letv Le 1s has 500 nits brightness !
Accessories : Honor 5x comes with a microUSB cable along with a standard 1A output charger adapter. Although it does support fast charging via a 2A charger. The Letv Le 1s comes with a USB Type-c cable and a 2A output charger adapter with quick charging support. None of them comes with an earphone. Just an advice, always remember to keep your Letv Le 1s Type-c cable with you as it is not as readily available as the standard microUSB cable which is used in almost all mobile devices.
|Honor 5x Price in India on 07 Feb 2016|
|Letv Le 1S Price in India on 07 Feb 2016|
|store||review||price||stock||delivery time||go to store|