Canonical and Meizu have teamed up together to launch the Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition which is their second device after the Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Ediiton. The Pro 5 Ubuntu edition is lauched ahead of the MWC 2016 and will be revealed at the event in the Barcelona. Coming to the design, it is identical to the Meizu Pro 5 which was launched in September last year with the only difference being the Ubuntu Os in place of Android 5.1 Lollipop.
The Meizu Pro 5 Ubunutu edition sports a 5.7-inch FullHD Super AMOLED dispaly with 88-degree viewing angle along with 2.5D glass and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It is powered by an Octa core (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Samsung Exynos 7420 processor with Mali T760 GPU. the device comes coupled with 3GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32GB internal storage expandable using microSD card.
Specifications of Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition:
- Display: 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, 2.5D glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection and 88-degree viewing angle
- Processor: Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 7420 processor with Mali T760 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 3GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- OS: Ubuntu OS
- Camera: 21.6 MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Laser Auto focus, PDAF, Sony IMX230 Exmor RS BSI sensor, 6P lenses, 4K video recording along with a 5MP front-facing camera with OV5670 sensor and f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 3050mAh battery
- Connectivity: 4G LTE (TD-LTE / LTE-FDD) / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 3.0 Type-C
The device sports the impressive 21.6 MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, Laser Auto focus, PDAF, Sony IMX230 Exmor RS BSI sensor, 6P lenses, 4K video recording along with a 5MP front-facing camera with OV5670 sensor and f/2.0 aperture. The device comes with a Fingerprint sensor located in the Home button.
It is similar to the Meizu Pro 5 in all aspects and specifications except the Os which is Ubuntu in this device. It is powered by a 3050mAh battery and comes with connectivity features like 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and USB 3.0 Type-C. It comes with Hybrid Dual SIM support with the second SIM slot acting as a microSD card slot.
The Meizu Pro 5 Ubuntu Edition will be available for Pre-order during MWC on Meizu’s website and will be showcased at MWC. The pricing, delivery and other details will be revealed at the event itself.