Obi Worldphone which has been known for its design and build, the company which is backed by John Scully has introduced their latest smartphone the MV1 which is a budget level device and is designed by the same San Francisco-based product studio Ammunition which designed the Obi Worldphone SF1. The device comes with a 5-inch HD in-cell touch display having resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels along with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and oleophobic coating to prevent fingerprints.
It is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 212 processor with Adreno 306 GPU. The device is available in two variants based on RAM with 1GB and 2GB variants available. It comes with 16GB builtin storage which is further expandable up to 64GB using microSD card. The device carries the design concept from the SF1 with the floating display and top of the device having similar borders, the bottom half of the device has a change in design compared to the SF1.
Specifications of Obi Worldphone MV1:
- Display: 5-inch HD in-cell touch display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: 1.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 212 processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 1GB and 2GB RAM variants along with 16GB internal storage space expandable using microSD card up to 64GB
- Camera: 8MP rear camera with Omnivision OV8865 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash and 1080p video recording. It comes with a 2MP front facing camera.
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop based Cyanogen OS 12.1
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- Battery: 2500mAh non removable
The Worldphone MV1 comes with an 8MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and LED flash along with a 2MP front facing camera. It runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop based Cyanogen 12.1 OS and supports 4G LTE along with the other regular connectivity features. It comes with Dual SIM support – Micro + Nano SIM.
The Obi worldphone MV1 is available in red black and white and the device will be available in Asia and Africa from this month and Europe and Latin America will be getting the device in March 2016. The Worldphone MV1 is priced at $139 or approximately Rs. 9,500 for the 1GB RAM variant and $149 or approximately Rs. 10,200 for the 2GB RAM variant.