Panasonic has announced two new smartphones, the Toughpad FZ-F1 which runs on Windows 10 IoT Mobile Enterprise and the Toughpad FZ-N1 which runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop at MWC 2016 in Barcelona. Both the devices comes with similar internal specifications and external build as well with the only difference between the two being in terms of OS.
Both Toghpad FZ-F1 and FZ-N1 sport a 4.7-inch HD display which is visible under direct sunlight along with 10-point multi-touch capable of working in rain and also has a glove touch mode. It comes with a stylus pen which can be used Active or passive. The devices are powered by a 2.3GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU.
Specifications of Panasonic Toughpad FZ-F1 and Toughpad FZ-N1:
- Display: 4.7-inch HD display with 10-point multi touch, can be used with wet hands and gloves comes with stylus pen
- Processor: 2.3GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC with Adreno 330 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage expandable up to 64GB using microSD card
- Camera: 8MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5MP front facing camera
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (FZ-N1) and Windows 10 IoT mobile enterprise (FZ-F1)
- Battery: 3,200mAh battery – battery pack with 6200mAh available
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, CDMA 1x, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, Angled 1D/2D barcode reader and GPS
- Additional features: MIL-STD-810G, IP65 – high pressure jet spray and IP67 – submersible up to 3.3ft for 30 minutes resistance
The devices come with 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage expandable up to 64GB using microSD card. The main aspect of the phones are Durability and they are equipped with features to take on the much abuse with MIL-STD-810G which makes the device immune to shock, vibration, rain, dust, sand, altitude, freeze/thaw, high/low temperature,temperature shock, humidity. They comes with IP65 to protect from high jet spray and IP67 to protect the device even when submerged up to 3.3ft of water for 30 minutes.
Panasonic has included an Angles 1D/2D barcode reader in the device. It is powered by a 3,200mah battery and if you need more juice you can swap it with a 6200mAh long life battery pack with warm swap capability. It also comes with FIPS140-2 level-1 compliant and ARM TrustZone built in.
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-N1 will be vailable in WiFi enabled model priced at $1,499 which is approx 1,02,853 form March 2016 and the voice enabled model will be available from summer of 2016. The Windows 10 version – Toughpad FZ-F1 (voice + WiFi enabled) is priced at $1,599 which is approx Rs. 1,10,000and will be available from fall of 2016.