Want to root Gionee Marathon M5 Lite smartphone? Want to get Super User permissions to this device? If “Yes” is your answer then you have reached the right place. Stop searching and learn here how to root Gionee Marathon M5 Lite in few easy steps.
About Gionee Marathon M5
Before we root Gionee Marathon M5 Lite, let’s have a look on its features first.
This handset is available in the market since 2015. It has a 5-inch touchscreen display with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution, powered by the 1.3G quad-core processor and 3GB RAM. The internal memory of this device is 32GB that can be extended up to 128GB via SD card. As far as the operating system is concerned, it runs on Android 5.1.
Benefits of Rooting Gionee Marathon M5
- Access and remove unwanted system files from your smartphone.
- Install Custom ROMs, kernels, recoveries and Android apps.
- Remove Bloatware that run in the background and consume battery power even when your handset is in sleep mode.
- That means rooting will increase the battery life and speed of your handset. Moreover, you will be able to customise your device in the desired way.
The warranty of your Gionee Marathon M5 Lite would not remain valid after performing this rooting procedure. Therefore, think well before moving forward and proceed at your own risk. You will be responsible if something wrong happens during the process.
- Your smartphone must be fully or at least 60% charged for completing the rooting procedure.
- Deactivate antivirus applications in your smartphone because these can interrupt the process.
- Though it is not a data-loss process you should make a backup of your personal and important data. So you can restore data if something bad happens during this rooting procedure.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Developer Option in Settings. If you don’t see Developer Option in Settings then make it visible by opening About Phone and tapping Build Number for 5 to 7 times.
Have finished above preliminary tasks? It means you are ready to root Gionee Marathon M5 Lite. Let’s start the rooting tutorial.
Tutorial To Root Gionee Marathon M5 Lite
This rooting tutorial doesn’t require any computer or laptop. However, don’t skip any instruction else the rooting process will not complete successfully.
- Download .apk file of Towelroot (tr.apk) directly into your Gionee Marathon M5 Lite. You might receive a message “file you are going to download can harm your device”. However, download .apk file by ignoring such messages.
- Once the download is completed, click on .apk file and install Towelroot application in the device. During installation, you may receive warning messages again. Just ignore them and click on “Install Anyway”.
- After completing the installation, find Towelroot application on your smartphone. Click on “Make It Ra1n” and begin the rooting procedure. Your smartphone will reboot automatically when the rooting process gets finished.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Gionee Marathon M5. Download and install Root Checker app from Play Store to confirm whether your handset is successfully rooted or not.
The rooted device allows you to customise it in the desired way. Moreover, it provides a Root access to the system files. You can uninstall the unnecessary apps to get more storage capacity and increase the battery life, as well. It is the to search the ROMs for your smartphone and flash them on your rooted device.