Are you searching for a tutorial to root Motorola G Play? Then you are at the right place because I will tell you how to root this device within few minutes. Continue reading this guide and you will have a rooted smartphone at the end.
About Motorola G Play
Motorola G Play is named among the top quality 4th generation smartphones available in the market. It has a 5.5-inch touchscreen display with 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. It is powered by 1.2GHz quad core processor and 2 GB RAM. This phone runs on Android 6.0.1 operating system. Storage capacity of this smartphone is 32GB that can be extended by using an SD card.
Benefits Of Rooting Motorola G Play
Below are some benefits of rooting Motorola G Play. Let’s read them first.
- You can install Custom Recovery and Custom ROMs.
- It’s easy to uninstall any app you want, inclduing the system apps.
- You can upgrade to the latest version of Android.
- After you root your phone, you can easily install apps from outside the Play Store.
- You can enhance the processor speed and battery life.
The warranty of your Motorola G Play will be void after the rooting process. You need to think well before you start this tutorial. Follow all steps of this rooting tutorial or your device will brick.
Get Everything Ready
- Install Motorola USB Drivers in your computer.
- Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot in computer.
- Make sure your smartphone has sufficient battery power to complete the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your smartphone.
- Make a backup of your personal data.
Tutorial To Root Motorola G Play
We need to unlock bootloader on Motorola G Plus before starting the rooting process. So let’s unlock it first by following given below steps.
Unlock Bootloader On Motorola G Play
- Switch off your smartphone and reboot in the ADB Mode by pressing Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- Connect your smartphone to computer.
- Launch the command prompt window of ADB and Fastboot. Give the following command and press Enter.
- Now write the given below command and press Enter.
“fastboot oem get_unlock_data”
- You will see a series of data string in the command prompt window. Copy this string and paste it in the Notepad.
- Remove spaces from the string and make it one line.
- Open Motorola Official Unlock Bootloader website.
- Scroll down the page and click on Next option.
- Sign in by using your existing account or create a new account by clicking on the Sign up option.
- Paste the string in the field 6 and click on I Agree button.
- Soon you will receive an email with an unlock key.
- Open command prompt window and give the following command
“fastboot oem unlock your unlocking code”
That’s it. You have unlocked the bootloader on your Motorola G Play. Your smartphone is ready for the rooting process so let’s start it.
After unlocking the bootloader on your Motorola G Play, you can flash SuperSU to complete the rooting process. Let’s do it in next few minutes.
- Download SuperSU zip file.
- Transfer SuperSU zip file to internal memory of your smartphone.
- Start smartphone in Fastboot Mode.
- Install SuperSU.
- After finishing the installation, restart your smartphone.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the tutorial to root Motorola G Play. Move ahead and use any Root Checker App to confirm the rooting status.