Do you want to root Oppo A57? Unfortunately, you will hardly find a working tutorial on the internet. Many tutorials simply use KingoRoot that doesn’t work for this phone at all.
To help you get the things rolling for this phone so that you can upgrade it to the latest ROM, here is a quick tutorial to root this Oppo phone.
To root this phone, you need to download and install MITOOL. These tools are specifically developed to help Oppo phone owners. It allows you to flash Oppo phones so that you can install custom recovery and then work your way up to root the phone. Download this important tool from the link below.
Download MITOOL FLASH
Once you have completed the download, scroll down and follow the steps below to root Oppo A57 phone.
Step 1: Install MITOOL
Now that you have downloaded the MITOOL FLASH, it’s time to install it on your PC. It should take a minute if you follow the instructions below.
- Double click the MITOOL file that you just downloaded.
- An installation wizard will run.
- Follow on-screen prompts and move forward with the installation.
- You will receive a notification that you have successfully installed MITOOL FLASH on your PC.
Step 2: Get your phone ready for rooting
We are now going t prepare our phone for rooting. This is the step where you get everything ready so that you can finally root Oppo A57 with ease.
Follow the instructions below to proceed.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a standard USB wire
- Now switch off your phone.
- Press ‘Volume +’, ‘Power’, and ‘Volume -‘ simultaneously.
- Your phone will boot to the recovery screen.
- This will automatically install Qualcomm drivers. You don’t have to download these drivers as long as your PC is connected to the internet. It automatically downloads them.
The Final Step: Flash TWRP and root Oppo A57
You’re almost done. Just show patience for one more minute. This is the final step and the instructions are very simple.
But first, you need to download TWRP recovery image. You will flash this to your phone in this step to start the rooting procedure.
- Go to MIFLASH TOOL on your PC. It should be able to read your phone now.
- Open the folder where you downloaded the TWRP recovery toolkit using browse in MITOOL FLASH.
- Once you have loaded the recovery file, click “Flash” and wait for a few seconds. You will see a prompt telling you that you successfully flashed your phone. When you see this prompt, move to the next step.
- Now go to recovery by pressing Volume down and Power button together.
- Locate SuperSU in the options. It should be the towards the bottom.
- Tap on it and press finish on the next dialogue box.
- Now you have installed SuperSU.
That’s it. Reboot your phone in the normal mode. Install a root checking app to verify root status on your Oppo A57 phone.
Before you leave and try this method on your phone, it’s important to note that rooting could render your phone useless. So make sure that you understand what you are doing before you proceed. If you care about warranty, then don’t root your phone. It will void manufacturer’s warranty.
Moreover, you won’t be able to update your phone using OTA updates. Your only option will be to install updates manually.
If this method didn’t work for you for some strange reason, be sure to leave a comment with screenshots so that I can actually help you root Oppo A57.