The new Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is the 2016 flagship smartphone from Samsung succeeding the last years Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. The new smartphone sports a 5.5-inch Edge screen, Quad HD Super AMOLED display and is loaded with the Android 6.0 MarshMallow OS. It is powered by the latest and most powerful Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 or Samsung’s Exynos 8890 (depends on region) and 4GB RAM. It comes with 32GB/64GB in-built storage options and a microSD slot for storage expansion up to 200GB.
It has a 12MP Dual Pixel, f/1.7 rear camera with Smart OIS and a 5MP, f/1.7 front selfie camera. It has fingerprint scanner at the home button and hear rate monitor below the rear camera lens.
It is a metallic unibody built smartphone with corning gorilla glass 4 protection at both front & rear. It is now water and dust resistance with IP68 certification.
Samsung Galaxy S7 key specs:
- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED, Edge Screen, Quad HD, Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 or Samsung Exynos 8890 processor, 4GB RAM
- 12MP Dual Pixel, f/1.7, Smart OIS, 5MP, f/1.7 selfie camera
- Optional Dual-SIM (hybrid slot microSD/SIM)4G LTE, NFC, Wi-Fi ac
- 3600mAh battery, quick charging, wireless charging, microUSB 2.0 port
- 32GB or 64GB storage, microSD slot for up to 200GB storage expansion
- Fingerprint scanner, Heart rate monitor
- IP68 water & dust resistance
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Price in India : Rs.61,990. Coming in March 2016. It is launched along with non-edge screen variant with smaller display size – Samsung Galaxy S7. Check the comparison here – Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Vs Samsung Galaxy S7.