Samsung has launched their latest Flagship devices the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge at the Samsung Unpacked event. The Galaxy S7 Edge comes with similar specifications as the Galaxy S7 apart from the display size, resolution and battery capacity along with the curved display. Coming to the comparison to its predecessor the Galaxy S6 Edge the device has many changes.
The Galaxy S7 Edge has bigger Display having 5.5-inch super AMOLED display compared to the 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display in the Galaxy S6 Edge. Samsung has maintained the design aspect of their flagships carrying the same design and look of the Galaxy S6 Edge but with a bigger display and more sleek design.
What are the similarities between Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge v Galaxy S6 Edge?
- Similar design and form factor
- Similar display resolution – quad HD resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels
- Home button with fingerprint sensor located below the display
There are not many similarities between the two devices and the differences are more on the specifications front which we will be discussing here.
|Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge||Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge|
|Display||5.5-inch quad HD Super AMOLED display with 534 ppi pixel density and always On display feature||5.1-inch quad HD Super AMOLED display with 577 ppi pixel density|
|Processor||Quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC or an Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 SoC||Exynos 7420 Octa-core SoC with Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1.0 GHz Cortex-A57|
|RAM and Storage||4G LPDDR4 RAM and 32/64GB internal storage, expandable using microSD card||3GB RAM and 32/64/128 GB internal storage without microSD card slot|
|Camera||12MP BRITCELL camera with f/1.7 aperture OIS, autofocus and LED flash along with 5MP front facing camera having f/1.7 aperture||16MP rear camera with OIS, autofocus and LED flash along with 5MP front facing camera|
|OS||Android 6.0 Marshmallow||Android 5.1 Lollipop|
|Additional features||Heart rate sensor, Water Resistant, Fingerprint sensor||Fingerprint sensor|
What are the differences between Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge vs Galaxy S6 Edge?
- More refined design in the Galaxy S7 edge compared to the Galaxy S6 Edge
- Bigger display at 5.5-inch Super AMOLED Quad HD display with Always On feature compared to the 5.1-inch display in the Galaxy S6 Edge
- Quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC or an Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 SoC in Galaxy S7 Edge compared to the Exynos 7420 Octa-core SoC in Galaxy S6 Edge
- 12MP BRITCELL camera in the Galaxy S7 Edge compared to the 16MP rear camera in the Galaxy S6 Edge
- It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow in Galaxy S7 Edge compared to the Android 5.1 lollipop in S6 Edge
- Heart rate sensor is present in Galaxy S7 Edge
- Water Resistance is present in Galaxy S7 Edge which is absent in the Galaxy S6 Edge
- A bigger 3600mAh battery in the Galaxy S7 Edge compared to the 2600mAh battery in the Galaxy S6 Edge
Comparison between Galaxy S7 vs Xiaomi Mi 5
There are a lot of changes in the Galaxy S7 Edge compared to its predecessor right from the display size to a bigger battery capacity which surely give the S7 Edge the advantage of being the better of the two in many aspects.