Samsung Galaxy S7 vs Galaxy S6 Comparison
Samsung has launched their latest flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S7 which was launched along with the Galaxy S7 Edge at the unpacked event which was the first ever 360 live streaming event. The Galaxy S7 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with quad HD resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels which is similar to that of the Galaxy S6.
How are the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S6 similar?
- Both have similar display size and resolution of 5.1-inch with quad HD resolution.
- Both the devices come with Fingerprint sensor located in the Home button
- Both the devices have similar design
|Samsung Galaxy S7||Samsung Galaxy S6|
|Display||5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution and 577 ppi||5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution and 577 ppi|
|Processor||Quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC or an Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor
|Exynos 7420 Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57|
|RAM and Storage||4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32/64GB internal storage with microSD card for expansion||3GB 32GB/64GB and 128GB variants|
|Camera||12MP rear camera with OIS, f/1.7 aperture and LED flash and 5MP front facing camera||16 MP rear camera with f/1.9 having OIS and 5MP front facing camera|
|Operating System||Android 6.0 Marshmallow||Android v5.1.1 Lollipop|
|Connectivity Features||4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac/ad, Bluetooth 4.2 LE & apt-X, GPS with GLONASS, NFC||4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth v4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 and GPS|
|Additional Features||Fingerprint sensor, Heart rate monitor, IP67 ratings for Water Resistance||Fingerprint sensor|
What are the differences between Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S6?
- Galaxy S7 is powered by Quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC or an Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor, the Galaxy S6 was powered by Exynos 7420 Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 SoC
- Increased RAM in Galaxy S7 with 4GB compared to the 3GB RAM in Galaxy S6
- Galaxy S7 comes with 12MP BRITCELL rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, Dual Pixel technology, LED flash and 5MP front facing camera compared to the 16 MP rear camera with f/1.9 having OIS and 5MP front facing camera in Samsung Galaxy S6
- The Galaxy S7 comes with 3000mAh battery whereas the Galaxy S6 had 2550mah battery
- Galaxy S7 has Heart rate sensor along with Water Resistance, both are not available in Galaxy S6
- Galaxy S7 comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box, with the Galaxy S6 running on Android 5.1 Lollipop, with Marshmallow update scheduled
- The Galaxy S7 comes with Liquid cooling technology for ocntrolling the heat
Conclusion between Samsung Galaxy S7 vs Galaxy S6?
Samsung Galaxy S7 has been designed with the same design form and factor as the Galaxy S6 and has a bit more rounded edges and smooth borders along with the camera bump being a little less. The device carries more refined design started by the Galaxy S6. It comes with Liquid cooling technology in built to control the heating from the Snapdragon 820 SoC.
The Snapdragon 820 or the Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processors in the Galaxy S7 give it more power compared to the Galaxy S6 along with the increased RAM. With the BRITCELL 12MP rear camera the Megapixel count has gone down from 16MP but the performance is said to be improved. With better battery and the addition of a Heartrate sensor in the Galaxy S7 gives it an edge over its predecessor. With all the factors it looks like the Galaxy S7 is surely the winner in every aspect.