Samsung and LG have launched their latest flagship devices the Galaxy S7 and LG G5 at two separate event in Barcelone prepping up the MWC mood, both the devices will be showcased at the MWC 2016. The LG G5 has some innovative things included in it with LG going overboard and playing around with the design whereas Samsung has stuck to its basics and did not concentrate much on the design aspect with the S7.
LG has removable battery which can be swapped with the LG Cam Plus module giving it a grip which makes the device look similar to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom. There are lot of both similarities and differences which we are listing out along with the comparison table of all the specifications in detail.
Similarities between Samsung Galaxy S7 and LG G5:
Although they are flagships, we know that there will be some good similarities between the phones. That’s the case here with the Galaxy S7 and the LG G5, and here they are.
- A quad HD display is seen on both the devices, i.e. the 2560 x 1440 pixels Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, the flagship chipset from Qualcomm for this year. These phones are the first ones to run on this SoC.
- Both the devices sport the always On Display which shows details like Time, date, notifications etc
- Both the flagships also have 4GB of RAM included
- Expandable memory option is available in both devices
- Fingerprint sensor is available in both devices but in different locations
|Samsung Galaxy S7||LG G5|
|Display||5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution and 577 ppi with always on display||5.3-inch Quad HD display with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution and 554 ppi with Always On display|
|Processor||Quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC or an Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor
|Quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC|
|RAM and Storage||4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32/64GB internal storage with microSD card for expansion||4GB RAM and 32GB internal storage with option for expansion using microSD card|
|Camera||12MP rear camera with OIS, f/1.7 aperture and LED flash and 5MP front facing camera with f/1.7 aperture||Dual Camera set up on the back with standard 16MP 78-degree lens and an 8MP 135-degree wide angle lens and LED flash, the front facing camera is an 8MP shooter|
|Operating System||Android 6.0 Marshmallow||Android 6.0 Marshmallow|
|Connectivity Features||4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac/ad, Bluetooth 4.2 LE & apt-X, GPS with GLONASS and NFC||4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth v4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11, USB Type-C 2.0 port and GPS|
|Additional Features||Fingerprint sensor, Heart rate monitor, IP67 ratings for Water Resistance||Fingerprint sensor, Removable battery module|
Differences between Samsung Galaxy S7 and LG G5:
- Display Size, the Galaxy S7 sports a 5.1-inch Quad HD display compared to the 5.3-inch Quad HD display of the LG G5
- Dual camera set up in the LG G5 with 16MP and 8MP rear camera compared to the 12MP rear camera in Galaxy S7
- Removable 2800mAh battery in the LG G5 compared to the 3000mAh Non-Removable battery
- Heart Rate Monitor is present in the Samsung Galaxy S7 which is not available in LG G5
- Water Resistance feature is present in The Galaxy S7 which is not available in LG G5
- The Galaxy S7 is equipped with liquid cooling technology for dissipating heat
Both the devices have their own advantages and disadvantages, although the LG G5 has got negative response about the design the specs and other features make it a good Flagship. The Samsung Galaxy S7 maintains the same design form and factor as the Galaxy S6 with changes in the internal specifications.