Xiaomi has been long due of their next flagship device and what could be better than to launch the device in Barcelona, at the MWC 2016 event. Xiaomi has held the launch event in China as well as Barcelona to launch their latest flagship the Mi 5. The device sports a 5.2-inch IPS LCD full HD display and comes with curved glass.
There have been many flagships launched at MWC 2016 but the main focus has been on Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge along with the LG G5, both of which run on the same processor as the Mi 5, which is a 64-bit quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 with Adreno 530 GPU.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 5:
- Display: 5.15-inch FullHD display with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 3GB RAM with 64 GB Storage and 4GB RAM variant with 128GB storage space
- Camera: 16MP rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, Autofocus, OIS and LED flash capable of recording 4K video along with a 4MP front-facing camera with 2um sensor
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI 7 OS and Windows 10 mobile
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v4.1, NFC, GPS and USB Type-C
- Battery: 3600mAh Li-Po with Quick charging
The device runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS based MIUI 7. It comes with 16MP rear camera with Auto focus, OIS and LED flash and a front facing camera. The design of the MI 5 has been refined from its predecessor and looks more in line with the Galaxy Flagships, the home button with the fingerprint sensor in it below the device is similar along with the almost bezel-less display.
The Mi 5 comes with connectivity features like 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v4.1, NFC, GPS and USB Type-C. The Mi 5 is powered by a 3600mAh Li-Po battery and the company is providing Quick Charging as well.
The Xiaomi Mi 5 will be available in Black, Gold and White colors and is priced at 2699 Yuan which is approximately Rs. 29,000 for the 4GB RAM and 128GB internal storage model. The 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant is priced at 1999 RMB which is Rs. 21,000 approximately and the 3GB RAM with 64 GB Storage is priced at 2299 RMB which is Rs. 24,000 approximately.